We have had a very busy week at The Woods!! Between a snow day Monday to an unexpected lockdown on Thursday we stayed calm and bright!!
• We completed our number unit with #10. Tracing, counting, and grouping Oh My! Please continue to review numbers with your child.
• The children are working diligently on holiday surprises for family, and are very proud of their creations!
• With the chilly weather and the snowy, damp playground we have kept the wiggles away in other creative ways! The Penguin March, Freeze Dance, and running sprints on the Quad to name just a few!
• We learned about “AB patterns” (IE red, white, red, white etc) via pop cubes and a sweet candy cane painting project. Ask your child to identify or set up a pattern, we can find them all around us or create using legos! Be creative!
• We read several books: Imogene’s Antlers, Dora’s Hanukkah, Llama Llama Holidrama, Snowbear’s Countdown, and Snowmen at Christmas. Ask your child to recall what Snowmen do at night while people are asleep! Hint, plenty of celebration…singing, dancing, decorating.
• Many thanks to The Rhodes (Odette, Frank and Jeffrey) for sharing with us a morning of Hanukkah treats, games, and books on Tuesday.
• Thank you to Ryan Stimac (Riley) for being our Mystery Reader on Wednesday. He arrived with books, and departed with hugs and high 5’s! The children thoroughly enjoyed his visit!
• Number Review
• Winter Party is Tuesday, December 19th
• We will seriate and decorate a sparkly, green tree
• PJ’s and Polar Express adventures on Thursday, December 21st.
• Happy 4th Birthday to Nori (of which we will celebrate on 21st as well)
• Thursday, December 21st is the last day of school before we begin Winter Break. There will be NO TREEHOUSE on this day. All children should be picked up via carpool at 12:45. Classes will resume January 3rd, 2018!!
• We wish you all a safe and happy break, and look forward to seeing you in the New Year!!
The Wood Acres School