Hello Mr. Turkey
Dear Wood Acres families,
Brrr! With a chill in the air and another week gone, we are hoping this finds you cozy and excited about the holiday season that is almost upon us! We know your little ones are as they are very excited to sing to you the Thanksgiving songs we have been working on for the past few weeks. Gobble, Gobble!
The children made the CUTEST Turkey handbands to wear when they perform for you this week at our feast.
Our study of numbers continue as we transition from six to seven. It seems like we just started learning about numbers and we are already breezing our way to the number ten! The children will continue to identify and recognize objects in groups of seven durning circle time. We will continue to identify numbers as they share their items from the number jar. We will also add number seven to our number book. (seven stars)
The week our theme is “Pilgrims and Native American”. We will be spending some time learning the history of who the Pilgrims and Native Americans were, and how they worked together to create the first celebration we know today as Thanksgiving. The children will create dream catchers and rain sticks and we will also continue to practice our songs, “Hello Mr. Turkey” and “I’m Glad I’m Not A Turkey”.
This week in Investigator club we will be focusing on the following:
Social and Emotional: “Make Things Right”
Objective is to learn to problem solve.
Literacy: Rosalita Salita lapbook
Objective is to listen and follow along with the story.
– We would like to welcome Mrs. Edwan London’s mother as our Mystery reader this week. We are looking forward to having her a part of our fun Friday.
– Don’t forget to support our 8th graders and order your poinsettias to help them experience a wonderful educational trip to Spain that they will never forget!
– Our Thanksgiving celebration is this Friday at 11:00 in your child’s class. We can’t wait to give thanks for all we have! Please RSVP by Tuesdays if you will be attending our feast.
– Early dismissal is Friday at 12:45 during carline
– Fun Friday is backwards day. Wear your clothes to school backwards that day.
– Wood Acres will be closed the week of November 19th – 23rd for Thanksgiving break. We will resume back to school on the 26th.
Have a safe and healthy week!
Ms. Orsano and Ms. Wright