Warm tidings to one and all.
This weekend was meant for indoor chores and activities that get us ready another week of soggy starts and cold temperatures. My weekend was busy cleaning, wrapping, and spending time with my family which I love most of all.
As I worked on lesson plans for the rest of 2018, we will be quite busy as we finish a unit in grammar, and a chapter in math, and first four chapters in our novel. Here is the breakdown of what’s to come this week and next:
• Wednesday, December 12 – Spelling test, vocabulary quiz, and reading quiz
• Thursday, December 13 – Math Check Your Progress quiz over Chapter 4
• Thursday, December 13 the annual WA Band Concert and Chrome performance at 6:30 PM in Oglethorpe aka Multi-Purpose building.
• Friday, December 14 – Chapter 4 math test
• Monday, December 17 – 2nd book report presentations
• Tuesday, December 18 – Cumulative Review Test AND
• grammar quiz over Lessons 17-23
• Wednesday, December 19 – Grammar Unit 4 Verb test
• Thursday, December 20 Winter Wish gift exchange with 5th graders
• Thursday, December 20 11:00-1:00 Our Winter Holiday Celebration
• Thursday, December 20 1:00 Dismissal with no Tree House.
Hopefully by now, your student has mentioned a fun tradition we enjoy with our fifth graders. If not, there is a blue sheet of information in your student’s Friday or homework folder. It’s similar to a Secret Santa gift exchange, but we are trying to fill our Winter Wish list instead. If your student would like to participate that’s great. Please let us know because tomorrow we will be pulling names and finding out which fifth grader they will be shopping for. Thank you.
I believe that’s all for now. Please stay warm, safe, and dry and I’ll see everybody in the morning.
4th grade lead teacher