Hello Everybody and Happy Sunday!
I hope your weekend was productive like mine. At times, I love gloomy days because I am forced to work on projects that I have put off for that dreary weekend. Right now, my house is clean, school work is done, and I’ve made progress on a pillow I am currently stitching which makes me beam and smile.
Speaking of school work, here are some dates and information you want to jot down in your calendar.
· Research paper information (purple sheet in homework or Friday folder) went home to be read, signed and returned.
· Book report presentation times (yellow sheet in homework or Friday folder) went home for you to choose the times that work best for your schedule. Return when possible.
· Thursday, January 17, report cards are going home. The progress I’m seeing is definitely positive because of the efforts your student is achieving with and without their textbooks. Please sign report card and return it and the envelope as soon as you can. Thanks.
· Tuesday, January 15, there is a Word Skills dictation and quiz over digraphs, silent consonants, and the Ti and Ci sounds.
· Wednesday, January 16, there will be a spelling test, vocabulary quiz, and reading quiz over novel Chapters 5-8.
· Monday, January 21 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a school holiday.
· Friday, January 25 at 3:00 – Jekyll Island meeting for all parents and students in Mrs. Leagan’s classroom. Please come and hear all about this amazing field trip.
· Sunday, January 27 – The Wood Acres Open House from 2:00-4:00. Come meet our fifth grade teachers, Ms. Julie Rosier and Mrs. Eve Armstrong and listen to all that happens in 5th grade.
· Math-help sessions are back and in full swing. See you on Wednesday.
· Parent-Teacher Conferences will be Tuesday, February 19 and Wednesday, February 20. More information to come.
Wow, I believe that is all for now. My best to you and please enjoy the rest of this Sunday.
4th grade lead teacher
The Wood Acres School