Hello and Happy Sunday!
What an amazing sunny Sunday! The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, and I’m sure you are busy packing for the field trip this week. My guest room is loaded with clothes, accessories, and stuff for the trip.
According to the 5-day weather for Jekyll Island, the weather will be PERFECT!!! If I were you, I would pack a warmer jacket or sweatshirt because the nights can get chilly and breezy. Our schedule shows that we will have our campfire and s-mores Wednesday night and Thursday night is our Night Walk on the beach, so please pack long pants and clothing that will keep your student warm and toasty. Thank you.
For our trip, here are a few reminders:
• On Wednesday, please arrive at school at 5:30 a.m.
• Put suitcase and sleeping bag in the lower part of the bus
• Pillow, day-pack, and disposable breakfast on the bus
• For any medicine, fill out form(s) for each medicine, put medicine in its original bottle with form in a Ziploc bag with your student’s name on the bag
• Please look at Sign-Up Genius and consider helping us with supplies that we need for our trip. Thank you.
• On Friday, March 22, we should be at Wood Acres by 5:30-6:00 p.m. We will be in contact with the office and parents to give you a better arrival time when we know that information.
4th grade’s Awesome Adventures is coming along quite nicely. The stories have been drafted, edited, revised, and typed. This week, we will work on the final draft before they are printed and sent off to the publisher. Next, the pictures will be completed after we return from our field trip. Our Press Date is Friday, March 29 and we are definitely on target to meet that date.
If you are still interested in purchasing a copy of our book, it is not too late. Your student has the order form for you to fill out and return or you can order on-line at a discounted price. Please return the order form whether you purchase or not to me as soon as you can. Thank you very much.
Hope your St. Patrick’s Day has been stress-free from leprechauns and green glitter. Take care and enjoy the rest of this beautiful spring day.
4th grade lead teacher