Welcome back to a wonderful place we call the Woods
Wood Acres families,
We hope you enjoy this much needed time with friends and family as we did with ours. We are excited to be back and end this year with a bang💥with your little ones!
This week, we will be focusing on letter Q and R and our theme for this week is the Life Cycle of a Butterfly. For the letter “Q” the children will use q-tips to create a pattern. During group discussion, we will chart words that begin with the letter Q as well as words that begin with the letter R. For the letter “R”, the children will create rain clouds and we will discuss how rain comes from clouds ☁️. To celebrate this beautiful season, our class will take a nature walk to explore our beautiful campus and tulips 🌷that are beginning to grow all around us.
– We would like to welcome Mrs.Fuddgy who is our mystery reader this week.
– Please don’t forget to send in on Fridays your child’s letter bag. This is a great activity to help your child identify letters of the alphabet.
– Feel Good Friday- Wear your favorite sports team jersey and hat
– Spring Egg hunt is April 17th @ 10:30. We are only asking sign up helpers to attend. Also, please provide 12 plastic eggs filled white peanut free treats for the kids either Monday, Tuesday or morning of. If you need help with providing filled eggs for your child please let me know and I would be more then happy to help out. Also, can you provide a basket the morning of so your child can take their eggs home.
– April 19th. We are asking if you can send in a plain white t-shirt for your child to decorate as part of our end of the year celebration. We are also asking if you would like to donate towards our end of the year party. The theme is Carnival. We are asking if you kindly donate 10$ for your child to help us get the fun exciting games and prizes I have found for our party. It’s going to be one we will never forget. We are asking you if can send in both a plain white t-shite and your generous donation no later then April 19th. I will be ordering from oriental trading and would like to make sure we have all we need ahead of time. Thank you
– Don’t forget to sign your child up for summer camp at The Woods! There will be several weeks of planned fun in the sun and lots of memories to be made. Camp slots are filling up FAST! Fill out a registration form today by visiting our website: htt://woodacresschool.org/summer-camp/.
– We hope you all enjoyed the time in my class and hope you plan to come back for next school year as your little ones rise to the fours.
– May 1st is out Bike-A-Thin. Please provide either a bike or a scooter morning of with their name on it as well as their helmet, elbow and knee pads. Once again please make sure your child’s name is on everything and sure that they get returned to the right owners.
May 22nd is our end of the year party. We are asking all to attend the celebration as we come to a close on this wonderful fun and exciting school year. Our party will be held from 10:30 to 11:30 just out side our classroom on the 3’s quad. We hope to see you all there.
Last day of school is May 24th. There will be No Trehhouse. Dismissal will be at 12:45 during our carline. If for some reason you are unable to pick your child up please make sure to make arrangements to do so.
Thank you for your continued support throughout the year and allowing us the privilege to teach your child every day!
Have a good week!