Next week starts standardized testing for grades 1-8. Please note that all grades and testing will vary based on grade level. 1st grade will test Monday 15th through Tuesday 23th and we will test from 9:00-11:00.
• We will begin testing promptly at 9:00 every day. It is very important that your child arrive by 8:30 each day to get prepared.
• Please make sure your child gets a good night’s rest and eats a healthy and satisfying breakfast each morning. We will have a snack, however, the times we eat snack each day will vary due to the test.
• PLEASE pack a healthy snack. Although I am asking for snack volunteers, many may want additional snacks or may not choose to eat what is sent in. Mayte Suarez will send out a signup for volunteers to send in snack. I ask that it be healthy and not too sugary since they will be eating in between tests. Thanks!
• Attendance is very important next week. It is imperative that your child arrives on time and is ready for the day. If they arrive after 9:00, they will wait in the office until the test is over and we will need to schedule a make-up time.
• Parents, please do not enter our building to drop off lunches or other items during testing times. You may drop off items in the office if need be and they will deliver the item to me after testing is done.
• Your child may bring a chapter book to read during ‘wait time’ at their desk. I would highly recommend sending in a water bottle. They can also keep this on the floor by their desk.
• You do NOT need to bring/send in extra pencils. I use a particular brand and have enough for the students to have this week.
Next week will be a “no homework” week.
Field day will be Friday, April 26th, provided it does not rain. This is a drop-off and pick-up event. Your child will NOT come to school that day. You are more than welcome to come and stay…bring a chair and pack a lunch! I will also need a few parents to help me out with snack and lunch. If you are interested, let me know. You will receive more information later next week about times and field day details.
Our Field trip to the Botanical Gardens is on Tuesday, April 30th. There will be details to follow along with who will be chaperoning the trip with me. I will share more information after testing week.
The book report and project is due Monday, May 13th.
7 FOOTPRINTS on ANY book are due Friday, May 17th. You can also hand them in weekly as we have been doing all school year.
Our Spring party was a blast and it was a perfect day. We had cornhole, balloon games, sack races and, of course, the egg hunt. Thank you to those who donated your time!