We continue to have fabulous fun at Wood Acres, the best place to be in East Cobb! Thank you all for joining in to celebrate 50 Years of our unique gem, we call home! Between the East Cobb parade and the Birthday Party/Constitution Day, we were so happy to welcome you all. We appreciate the support of wearing Red White and Blue for Constitutional Day, celebrated Tuesday at WA. We did The Pledge of Allegiance around the new flag in the school Quad. Everyone received a sweet Chupa Chups Lollipop sent home in bags.
We continue to engage our Shape Unit this week with Triangles and Rectangles. We have been to “Triangle City” during Investigator’s Club, as well as, play a fun hands on game! We have a “magic red bag” filled with shapes. The children, using the sense of touch, reach in and choose one shape, feel to determine which one.
* Snack Leader: Please supply a healthy snack for 15 children. As stated during Parent Night, allow your child to bring in one special item from home to show friends. This is a wonderful time during Large Group Circle when you child can share with the group.
* WA and Treehouse will be closed Monday, September 23rd and Tuesday, September 24th for Parent-Teacher Conferences. Thank you to all of you who have reached out, I look forward to meeting with each of you.
* In folders tomorrow you will find a new Class list, updated to reflect The Humphries Family, welcome Alex!!
* I will be away this upcoming Friday to celebrate a family milestone, my Dad’s 80th Birthday!! Mrs. Barb Kearnan will grace our classroom in my place. The children all know and love her.
* Upon return on September 25th, we will have a shape review. Please continue to review with your children.
As always, thank you for your support. Please reach out with any questions.