This week we will introduce number 5. We will do a “Seed to Pumpkin” Unit as well. Please remember to supply a small “pie pumpkin” sized pumpkin for our annual Pumpkin Patch. The Fall/Halloween Party is quickly approaching! Hardcopy “costume guidelines” letter will arrive in yellow folders this week! Please read carefully.
We ask that you check and empty your child’s folder daily. Contents of the folder can be used as good talking points to engage your child. I also came across this gem, and thought it worth a share.
5 Things to ask your kids instead of “How was school?”
1. What made you smile today?
2. Who did you sit next to today at _________ (circle time, snack, lunch)?
3. If you could change one thing about today, what would that be?
4. What was the hardest rule to follow today?
5. Tell me something you know today that you didn’t know yesterday.
Some of these may be better suited for older children, but it is never too early to start!
We look forward to seeing all those happy faces Monday morning! Enjoy today! I see the sunshine peeking through the morning clouds!
Thank you all for your support!
Liesel West and Marian Phillips