The holidays are all most here!
Dear Wood Acres families,
Brrr! With a chill in the air and another week gone, we are hoping this finds you cozy and excited about the holiday season that is almost upon us! We know your little ones are as they are very excited to sing to you the Thanksgiving songs we have been working on for the past few weeks. Gobble, Gobble!
This week our theme is Turkeys and the unit of study is number seven. As we transition from six to seven. The children will add number seven to their number book (seven skates). The children will also continue to identify and recognize objects in groups of seven durning circle time. We will continue to identify numbers as they share their items from the number jar. For our theme the children will make turkey hats to wear at our feast, place mats and edible turkeys using apples and fruit loops.
This week in Investigator club we will be focusing on the following:
Social and Emotional: “Make Things Right”
Objective is to learn to problem solve.
Literacy: Rosalita Salita lapbook
Objective is to listen and follow along with the story.
– Fun Friday is sports day. Wear your favorite sports team hat or t-shirt to school that day.
– We would like to welcome Mrs. Shank Ryan’s mother as our Mystery reader this week. We are looking forward to having her a part of our fun Friday.
– Don’t forget to support our 8th graders and order your poinsettias to help them experience a wonderful educational trip to Spain that they will never forget!
– Our Thanksgiving celebration is next Wednesday at 10:30 in your child’s class. We can’t wait to give thanks for all we have! Please RSVP by Tuesdays if you will be attending our feast.
– Early dismissal is on November 22nd at 12:45 during carline. Lunch will be provided that day.
– Wood Acres will be closed the week of November 25th – 29th for Thanksgiving break. We will resume back to school on December 2nd.
Have a safe and healthy week!
Ms. Orsano & Mrs. Thomas