Cold, wet, January days called for lots of time sculpting, molding, and just using our hands to play with play-dough! They all loved it and could not get enough! Listed below is how to make your own play-dough if you are interested in making some at home!
1 cup plain flour
1 Tbsp. oil
1 cup water
½ cup salt
2 Tbsp. cream of tartar
1. Pour all dry ingredients, flour, salt and cream of tartar together into a microwave heat proof container, casserole dish or bowl.
2. Add water and oil to dry ingredients. Add food coloring until desired color is achieved.
3. Mix together using a whisk to remove lumps and blend the ingredients well.
4. Cover and place in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
5. Remove from microwave and stir with a wooden spoon.
6. Place in the microwave for 1 min, remove and stir to combine. Cook for a further minute if the play dough is still runny.
7. Then turn out onto a clean surface and knead into a smooth ball. Be careful the play dough will be very hot! Use a little bit of flour if the play dough is sticky.
8. Allow the play dough to cool before playing with it.
9. Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container.