Marching on towards March
Quarter 3 is quickly coming to an end…can you believe it?! The last day of the 3rd quarter is March 13th and report cards will come home the following week.
• Next week is the 9’s/ 10’s math test. We plan to finish addition math timed tests the week of March 16th. We will begin subtraction facts before we go on Spring break and we start with the 12’s. I highly suggest practicing those soon!
• As discussed at conferences, quarter 4 Footprints will be completed independently at home. Your child can choose any picture book or chapter book. If they choose a chapter book, 3 or 4 Footprints can be written to summarize the book. Instead of 9 Footprints, they will need to complete 7 by Friday, May 15th. I would recommend continuing to hand in one a week instead of waiting until the end of the quarter to hand them all in. As a reminder, these are a grade on their report card. In order to receive an ‘E”, your child need to hand in a neatly written Footprint that has a detailed summary with multiple sentences (continuing to use transition words and no dialog.)
• Student’s last project of the year will be presented on Monday, May 11th. There will be more information to share mid-March. This is an at home project and can be any story of their choosing. Often, kids pick their favorite story to share and create a project to go along with it. Please no posters or drawing on a piece of paper, we are looking for creativity. The project can be constructed from materials found around the house or old boxes to make dioramas (just to name a few). Students are encouraged to be imaginative.
• March plans to be a busy month! Shortly we will begin our Leprechaun traps with hopes to catch those pesky Leprechauns. To prepare you (please DO NOT tell your child) I make our room an absolute disaster and they LOVE it!!
I like to leave treats and treasures around the room…left by the “Leprechauns.” If you would like to donate items, please feel free. I can always use themed pencils, stickers, or other goodies. Snack is a drop off event. Please send in something that is easy to pass out and drink (ex. green rice crispy treats and green juice or Gatorade.)
• We will have our Spring celebration Friday, April 3rd from 11:00-12:00, lunch from 12:00-12:30, and dismissal at 1:00. There will be more info to follow. Every child who would like to participate will need to send in 12 plastic (already filled and sealed) eggs for the egg hunt (which will take place on the playground). Many parents like to volunteer for this party; please be prepared to help and do lots of work! Terry will get more details from me soon and will send out a volunteer list, outdoor games list, and a snack and drink sign-up.
A few housekeeping reminders:
• Please return Friday Folders each Monday.
• Homework folders should be returned each day with homework completed.
• Mrs. Peltier’s folder should be brought back in order to change out books.
• Please continue to read these books with your child nightly.
• Please sign reading slips (for Superkids hardcover book at home) and send back by due date.
***If you read this blog post by Tuesday 2/25, tell your child to QUIETLY tell me the secret word “Rain day” and they will get a secret prize. They can not share the word with friends in Tree House. Thanks!!