What is Wood Acres about? Since 1969, it’s been about children and their learning. It’s about teachers and their pedagogy. It’s about parents and their involvement. It’s about high expectations and even higher achievement. It’s about education and not just schooling. It’s about daily creating a purposeful and joyful teaching/learning environment to guarantee a rigorous and fulfilling education to the fortunate students who matriculate here. That’s what Wood Acres is all about!
Each day on our campus one will see in action:
- A clear and focused vision for teaching and learning
- High expectations for academic achievement
- Strong instructional leadership
- Safe learning environments
- Close monitoring of instruction
- Positive school climate
- Close home/school/community partnerships
Wood Acres commits its time, talents, passion, and resources to students and their education. One visit to our campus, one visit in a classroom, one conversation with a teacher and you will see how students matter at Wood Acres!