How to Apply
Applications will be accepted starting in November 2021 for the 2022-2023 school year.
Step one: Application and Application Fee
- Complete online application for program/grade of choice.
- Applications are located below.
- Pay $100 application fee within 7 days.
- As soon as application is received at Wood Acres, an email will be sent with a link to pay the application fee online.
Step two: Teacher Recommendations and Records Request
- Download age appropriate forms.
- Sign Teacher Recommendations and forward to your student’s teachers
for completion. Teachers email the recommendations back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign Records Request forms and forward to current school.
- ES Teacher Recommendations
- Four Year Old Teacher Recommendation (one needed) download
- GS Teacher Recommendations and Records Request
- US Teacher Recommendations and Records Request
- ES Teacher Recommendations
Step three: Evaluations and Academic Screenings
- 3 and 4 year old students
- A Wood Acres Admissions Coordinator will contact you as soon as your application file is complete to schedule an Early School evaluation. Early School evaluations will be held by appointment only in January, February, March, and April on Saturday mornings. Early School evaluations last about 30 to 45 minutes.
- K – 4th grade students
- A Wood Acres Admissions Coordinator will contact you as soon as your application file is complete to schedule an academic screening. Screenings are held by appointment only starting in January on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Academic screenings last an hour.
- 5th – 8th grade students
- A Wood Acres Admissions Coordinator will contact you as soon as your application file is complete to schedule an academic screening. Screenings are held by appointment only starting in January on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Academic screenings last about an hour and a half.
Step four: Shadow Days
- 1st grade – 8th grade students
- A Wood Acres Admissions Coordinator will contact you as soon as your student has completed their academic screening to schedule a shadow day. Shadow days will be held during school days on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays. Students applying for 1st – 3rd grade shadow for a half day and students applying for 4th – 8th grade shadow for a full day.
The Wood Acres School proudly offers an affordable, quality private school education for our students. Careful consideration is given to annual tuition schedules based on current program enhancements and plans for school improvements in the coming year. Wood Acres has a rolling admissions policy and requires each applicant to complete the academic screening process for enrollment. The Wood Acres School welcomes children of any race, color, creed, national, or ethnic origin.
The Wood Acres School offers a challenging academic environment that encourages students to gain mastery in core academic areas as well as develop an understanding of the world through the humanities and sciences. The school seeks a wide range of students who demonstrate the ability to succeed in an academically accelerated program, and charges the Admissions Committee, which includes administrative and faculty representation, to make decisions in the best interests of each applicant and the school based upon criteria including:
- Student achievement
- Academic readiness and potential
- Developmental maturity
- Gender balance
- Appropriateness of match between the family and the school
- Long term commitment to pursue private education for multiple years
- Affiliation with the school—special consideration for available placements is given to qualified students who are siblings of current students or children of legacy families